We DeLearning Centre Nigeria is a company based in Nigeria (hereafter, “Officialebooks”, “we” “our” and/or “us”)operate websites, mobile applications, a digital reading platform that enables customers to acquire and read written works (through e-books) using a variety of electronic devices, software applications , and other services (collectively, the ” Services”) and the account you use in association with the Services.
Collection of personal information
“Personal Information” is any information or a combination of pieces of information that can reasonably permit you to be identified, or that can reasonably be linked to you. Information that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person is not Personal Information and may be used for any business purpose.
We collect Personal Information about you from a variety of sources. We collect information from you directly (e.g., when you contact us or create an account with us), automatically, (e.g., data collected via cookies and similar technologies when you use the Services), and from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as public databases (where permitted by law).
For example, we collect, process and use your Personal Information when you:
- register for a Account or log into an existing account;
- interact with the Services;
- order products or content from us;
- use the Services to access electronic content; or
- contact us for customer care.
Registration and account information
When you create an account, you voluntarily provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your email address, and password.
You may also complete an optional registration profile, which may include your name, gender, birth date, contact phone number and any additional optional information you choose to provide.
We collect your payment information when you purchase e-content or sign up for subscription-based services.
We may also collect information you provide in your communications to us, such as when you respond to polls or surveys, write a review, or contact us with a question, comment, or request. You may choose to provide us with certain information when you fill out a form, submit a request to our customer care team, respond to a survey, submit ratings and reviews or participate in promotions or contests.
Information we collect from your use of the Services.
We collect Personal Information when you use or otherwise interact with the Services. For example, we collect information about how you use the Services, such as pages you view, the rate at which you consume e-content (how often and for how long), genres, authors or subject matter you prefer and searches you make or share, e-books you have chosen. We collect this information across the various devices, applications, and other tools via which you access and interact with the Services.
We collect certain technical information about your device – such as your IP address, device type, device model and manufacturer, device identifier and your device operating system type and version.
We automatically collect certain information about your transactions on the Services such as amount charged, date and time, and use of promotions.
Information we collect from other sources.
We may receive additional information about you from third party service providers and/or retail partners, such as demographic data, your activities related to Buying books Services through partnerships and our third-party advertisers. We may supplement the information we collect with information received from data suppliers and commercially available resources (e.g. demographic information and additional contact information).
Additionally, we may draw inferences about your preferences and characteristics from any of your Personal Information that we collect to develop a record of your potential preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We may automatically process your personal information to make decisions or conduct ‘profiling’ about you. This involves using software that is able to evaluate your personal aspects and predict risks or outcomes. We may carry out this automatic processing, for example, for the purposes of customer segmentation and pricing, and may involve decisions about you that relate to, for example, your browsing preferences. We may also make automated decisions about you based on your personal information in order to select personalized offers, discounts or recommendations to send you based on your shopping history, browsing history, preferences, or reviews. These types of decisions will not have legal or similar effects for you, but you can still contact us for further information.
Categories of information we collect.
The information we collect via the methods described above includes:
- Identifiers: For example, your name, email address, postal address, username, IP address, and online identifiers.
- Demographics: Such as your age and gender.
- Transactional information: Such as the products you purchase, access, or review; subscriptions; payment methods; and discount programs.
- Online activities: For example, browsing and search history; interactions with web or other digital content; whether you open, interact with, or forward our electronic communications;
- Billing location information: Based on the information you provide or inferred from your IP address, to ensure we have the right to sell you the books you wish to purchase.
- Inferences: As noted above, we may use the information we collect to identify your potential preferences, characteristics, predispositions.
- Children under 18 years of age.
Users must be at least 18 years old or older to use the Services. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that Offcialebooks has in its database the Personal Information of a child under the age of 18, please contact us at and we will use our best efforts to remove the information from our records.
How and why we use the information we collect.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We use your identifiers to verify your identity when you access your account and to ensure the security of your Personal Information;
- Operating the Offcialebooks Services: We process your Personal Information to provide you with access to the Offcialebooks Services and to process your transactions, as you have requested. We use Personal Information, such as your location to identify whether content is available in your region. And we use information to provide and improve our Services, identify and troubleshoot errors, and analyze the Services;
- Communicating with you: We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you, for example if we are providing information about changes to the terms and conditions, to issue security alerts or reminders, or if you contact us with questions;
- Managing your account: We use Personal Information to create, maintain, and monitor your account.
- Improving our Services: We analyze information about how you use the Services to provide an improved experience for all users;
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to place you into particular marketing segments, and to identify the devices you use to access digital content and the Services in order to understand your preferences and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send to you. We may also use your identifiers to send you marketing communications about the Services and other products or services that may be of interest to you, subject to any consent that may be required under applicable law. You may withdraw any consent you have provided at any time;
- Exercising our rights: We may use your Personal Information to exercise or protect our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or our terms and conditions, to respond to requests from law enforcement or other third parties, and to secure our Services;
- Complying with our obligations: We may process your Personal Information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, where this is required by law, such as in response to court orders or to comply with privacy or financial regulations;
- Protecting against damage: We may use Personal Information as necessary to protect the rights and safety of us, you, or others.
How we may share the information we collect with others.
We may disclose certain Personal Information with service providers, business partners or affiliates. In association with our personalized advertising and marketing activities, we may share Personal Information with advertisers, digital advertising companies, and other entities that support digital advertising activities. These third parties may have rights to use the information noted below for only limited purposes.
Personal Information we disclose
To support our business purposes, we disclose your Personal Information to service providers and business partners who are data processors. We disclose your Personal Information with our service providers that perform business services and/or operations on our behalf or under our instructions.
For example, we may partner with other companies to process secure payments, provide authentication services, optimize Services, fulfill orders, perform analytics, send our newsletters and marketing emails, support email and messaging services, administer our promotions, provide targeted advertising services as a processor to , and provide sweepstakes, contests, and surveys. Some of our service providers or business partners may engage their own service providers or business partners to further assist us. Unless otherwise specified, we require these companies to use Personal Information only for the purposes described in this Policy.
Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators and government authorities
We may share the information we collect, including Personal Information, with law enforcement or to otherwise comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement or the order of a court or other public authority agency, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
In the context of a transaction
You may in some cases have the option to decline providing us information. However, your choice to not provide information may impact your use of certain features or services. You may also have other rights in relation to your Personal Information under local law. In the event you reside in such a jurisdiction and would like to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at . Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your request, and we may decline your request as permitted under applicable law.
If contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you may have the right to make a complaint to your data protection authority (if one exists in your country).
You can unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving marketing communications from Us in your settings by clicking “Account Settings” under “My Account” once logged into your account. Or you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an automatic email. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communication, we may continue to send you non-marketing emails and other types of communications, as permitted by law, such as response to your support requests, or service email relating to your account.
You can change information about your account by connecting to your Account and modifying the information listed in the “Account Settings” function at www. .com. Some of this information is optional and you are not required to provide it to us, however other information such as payment information is required for to be able to provide you with our services. You are not required to provide any information to us that is unnecessary to provide the Services.
Third party Websites.
www. .com may contain links to websites not owned or controlled by . We encourage you to be aware of these other third-party websites and their privacy statements, as we cannot control and are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
Security and Data Retention.
We care about the security of your Personal Information. We deploy administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the Personal Information we collect. We evaluate these safeguards on an ongoing basis to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known. However, no information system can be 100% secure. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. We need your help too: it is your responsibility to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and we encourage you to ensure that your password is unique, secure and not shared with third parties.
We retain the information collected for as long as we have a relationship with you, and until such time when you choose to close your Account with us. After that time, we will only retain your Personal Information if we are required to do so to comply with local law, or if there are outstanding claims or complaints that will reasonably require your Personal Information to be retained. We may also anonymize and aggregate the data and retain the data in that form for analytical purposes.
How to contact us.
If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy or data protection practices, please contact us at